[R] Can hist plot % of count instead of raw count?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jun 25 06:34:47 CEST 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 9:29 PM, R_help Help wrote:

> I do not want to use histogram because I have more control over base
> graphs
> that R provide. I'm wondering if hist function provides a parameter
> that can
> set y axis as % of count instead of raw count?

So you want 100 times the proportions that you can get with the freq
parameter
of hist? You should read the Value portion of the hist help page.

> If not, I'd like to know how I can add text or line on histogram
> function? I
> don't like the idea of having to use raw coordinates to set text
> position.
> Thank you.

?text   #not sure what you mean by raw coordinates but you should give
evidence
          of having read the help pages before asking more questions.
?lines  # there ARE worked examples on the hist help page
?abline

> adschai
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

David Winsemius, MD