[R] Problem installing RODBC package under UBUNTU

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jun 24 19:12:56 CEST 2009

Luis,

On 24 June 2009 at 16:35, Luis Ridao Cruz wrote:
| R-help,
|
| I'm now on the process of installing RODBC on UBUNTU
| but an error occured. I copy-paste the output:

You can simply do

       $ sudo apt-get install r-cran-rodbc

As for the error:

| > install.packages("RODBC")
[...]
| configure: error: "ODBC headers sql.h and sqlext.h not found"

That is about as plain as it gets. You need these headers. There is also
README in the sources with more detail.

If you're in a hurry, why don't you

   a) install the binary packafe and

   b) learn about the CRAN repository for Ubuntu that has binaries of R 2.9.0
      for you and

   c) consider subscribing to the r-sig-debian list we have for Debian and
      Ubuntu questions.

Hth, Dirk