[R] re ad.table() and setwd() in unix batch mode

tbigdeli tbigdeli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:33:48 CEST 2009

My apologies for being overly brief before..

I submit an R script to batch mode as follows:

a list of files (object = 'files').  In each iteration, the next file is
read, alterations made, working directory changed, and output file written
out.  R will take an inordinate amount of time processing the first file,
after which no files seem to be read-in.  For batch mode, are my paths
inappropriate?  Thanks!

setwd("/home/bigdelitb/chr20/merlin/sim/d5/ped")
files<-read.table("d5.rf.list",stringsAsFactors=FALSE)

for(i in 1:length(files$V1)){
	setwd("/home/bigdelitb/chr20/merlin/sim/d5/ped")
	count <- 1
	name<-files$V1[i]
	ped <- read.table(name,header=FALSE,stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
        setwd("/home/bigdelitb/chr20/merlin/sim/d5/ped/pdt/")
        write.table(ped,name,quote=FALSE,..)
}