[R] reducing space between tickmark labels and axes labels

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Jun 19 18:34:49 CEST 2009

Eva Schultner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know if it is possible to reduce the spaces between axes labels and axes lables in boxplots?

One way is to omit them at first and put them into the desired margin
line with a call to mtext() later on.

Uwe Ligges

  I am trying to fit several plots onto one page ( layout() ) and need
to save as much space as possible. I have reduced margins
(par(mar)),adjusted font size (cex) and tck, is there anything else I
can do?