[R] predict.glm and predict.gam output

sw283 at bath.ac.uk sw283 at bath.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 11:32:44 CEST 2009

Anke,

mgcv:predict.gam certainly didn't produce `something like a
negative log-likelihood of occurrence', but is it possible that one of
your maps is on the probability scale and the other on the linear
predictor scale?
If you used predict.glm(model1,type="response"), but
predict.gam(model2,type="link"), then you'd get the sort of difference
that you are maybe describing. ?predict.gam and ?predict.glm give more
details.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, then a few more details about the
models actually being fitted are probably needed.

best,
Simon