[R] off topic but need your pointers about statistics

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Thu Jun 18 22:26:58 CEST 2009

Chapter 10 "A Twentieth-Century Tour of Categorical Data Analysis"  in
Agresti's smaller book with this title "An Introduction to Categorical Data
Analysis includes this history.

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282
Fax     (305) 224 - 4147

             markleeds at verizon
             .net
             r-help-bounces at r-         comtech.usa at gmail.com
             project.org                                                cc
                                       R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
                                                                   Subject
             06/18/2009 03:11          Re: [R] off topic but need your
             PM EST                    pointers about statistics

   agresti's book ( forget which one. there are two ) has an appendix about
the
   history of categorical data that i remember being quite interesting.
that's
   the only one i know of.