[R] off topic but need your pointers about statistics

Michael comtech.usa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 20:30:26 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I apologize for this off-topic question but I need your help -- I know
there are lots of experts here.

As a lover and student of statistics, I am thinking of building a tree
of various branches of statistics and keeping track of the greatest
historical inventions/discoveries in statistics and the latest
development of each branch. The goal is to understand in what context
did the great inventions come out and then try to follow the greatest
minds in terms of creating future significant inventions/discoveries
in the statistics field... This is the "learn-from-the-greatest-minds"
approach.

Could anybody give me some pointers about existing books/articles
about the greatest inventions/discoveries in statistics? And topic
list?

Thanks a lot!