[R] "Normal" plot and xyplot side by side in one figure?

Titus v. d. Malsburg malsburg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:28:34 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I want to place a plot (eg "plot(1:10)") and a xyplot side by side in
one figure.  The two columns should have different widths.  If I'm not
missing something, this rules out the standard way: par(mfcol=n).

I tried layout(), but it doesn't seem to like it when grid scribbles
into its views (the plot works but the view for the xyplot is left empty).

I would appreciate any ideas!  Thanks in advance.

  Titus