[R] Schoenfeld Residuals with tied data

Bessy piglet630 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:07:24 CEST 2009

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it.

I calculated the Scoenfeld residual per event and my results are the
following:

	fin	                       age	race
17	-0.33942334	-2.072218727	0.29024804
20	0.394600944	5.303968774	0.517689472
25	0.488184603	-1.438140647	-0.359535162
25	-0.511815397	-1.438140647	-0.359535162

However, the results from R are shown as below:

	fin	                     age	race
17	-0.3394233	-2.072219	0.290248
20	0.3946009	5.303969	             0.5176895
25	0.4724112	-1.615875	-0.4039688
25	-0.5275888	-1.615875	-0.4039688

These two results are both calculated based on the same dataset, which is
shown as below (the formula was attached with the original message):

week	arrest	fin	age	race
17	1	0	18	1
20	1	1	27	1
25	1	1	19	0
25	1	0	19	0
52	0	1	23	1
52	0	0	19	0

At time 17 and 20, there is no ties, my results are almost the same as R's.
However, the dataset contains two failures at time 25, I had got different
results from R's.

If I summed the Schoenfeld residuls at a given event time, for example, 25
in my dataset, I cannot get the common results.

Does R modified the formula when meeting ties?

Thank you so much.

Bessy