[R] FBI Homicide data?

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Jun 15 03:11:47 CEST 2009

Hi, Mario:

      The following suggest to me that these data may not be available
in any contributed R package:

library(RSiteSearch)
fbi <- RSiteSearch.function('FBI Homicide')
hits(fbi) # 0
hom <- RSiteSearch.function('Homicide')
hits(hom) # 4
HTML(hom)

      The 4 items exposed via the last line here seemed to be different
data sets from the one you described.  This searched all the help pages
for contributed packages.  I also searched for "FBI" with comparable
results.  If it exists in a contributed package, it is not easy to find.

      Have you tried writing to someone at the Institute for
Visualization and Perception Research at U Mass-Lowell?

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer