[R] a proposal regarding documentation

Peter Flom peterflomconsulting at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 15 01:00:23 CEST 2009

Well, suppose I wanted to suggest changes to some documentation, or write an alternate help file for some function.  Where would I put it?

Let's say I type, in R, ?median.  Now suppose I have suggestions.  If I look at

http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=&idx=rdoc:base

I don't see the median listed.  Should I add one?

OK, I do see mean listed, but the page

http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=rdoc:base:mean

is blank.  Should I edit it?  Should it include the original documentation? My proposed changes?
Or what?

-----
Let's say I figure all that out.  Now, someone else disagrees with my documentation and changes it, perhaps making it confusing (in my view).  Is this a good way to proceed?

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Statistical Consultant
www DOT peterflomconsulting DOT com