[R] [R-help] how to install own R withour root?

Patrick Connolly p_connolly at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Jun 14 22:30:34 CEST 2009

Or you could do what I suggested below.  I had assumed you had a
~/bin/ directory and knew how to make a symbolic link.  If that
assumption is incorrect, let us know and we can tell you how to do
it.

As Bill suggests, removing the present old version would be
preferable, but I can understand you could be in a position of having
to depend on an unreachable administrator, so that might not be
possible.

best

Patrick

--