[R] Studentized intervals

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 12 18:37:02 CEST 2009

The help page ?boot.ci says

      Variance estimates are required for studentized intervals.
                             ^^^^^^^^

(and the warning you got repeated the point).

Package 'boot' is support software for a book by Davison & Hinkley
which explains how to used boot.ci() for studentized examples and has
several examples.  You will need to study it for further elucidation.