[R] R: Creating this vector, any suggetions?

Guazzetti Stefano Stefano.Guazzetti at ausl.re.it
Fri Jun 12 16:54:21 CEST 2009

try this

>  a<-c(1, 6, 8, 9)
>  1*(1:10 %in% a)
 [1] 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0

Stefano

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: r-help-bounces at r-project.org
[mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org]Per conto di njhuang86
Inviato: Friday, June 12, 2009 4:45 PM
A: r-help at r-project.org
Oggetto: [R] Creating this vector, any suggetions?

Suppose I have the first vector: c(1, 6, 8, 9)

I will like to create a second vector of size 10 composed of 0 and 1's. The
second vector will be composed of four 1's and six 0's. The position of the
1's will be specificed by the first vector. So essentially, I want a second
vector in the form:

c(1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0)

Any help is greatly appreciated!