[R] tracking progress of loading large dataset into R for updating progress bar

Harsh singhalblr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:11:17 CEST 2009

Hello UseRs,

I am creating a GUI application in R using the RGtk2 library. I have
incorporated a progress bar which I want to refresh periodically in
keeping with the progress/completion of the read.csv function.
I would like to show the progress bar in animation (pulsing of the
bar) for as long as the read.csv function completes its task. I am not
sure how I can track the progress of the read.csv function.

As of now I just initialise the progress bar before the read.csv
function and show the completed bar after the read.csv function has
been executed.
Is there a way to access the data.frame object and check for its completeness?

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers
Harsh Singhal
Bangalore, India