[R] GeoXp package

Poizot Emmanuel emmanuel.poizot at cnam.fr
Wed Jun 10 08:21:06 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I would like to use GeoXp package under Ubuntu Jaunty.
I did install the required package GeoXp, for which I had to install
before rgdal package.
So when done, I want to load the library (library(GepXp), I got the
error when GeoXP want to load rgdal package:

 > library(sp)
 > library(rgdal)
Error in fun(...) :
    GDAL Error 1: libgrass_I.so: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet
partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type  (sorry  for the french :) )

I check on my system and libgrass_I.so is located at
/usr/lib/grass/lib/libgrass_I.so.
So how to specify the path of that file to allows rgdal loading ?

Regards

Emmanuel Poizot
Cnam/Intechmer
B.P. 324