[R] graphically representing frequency of words in a speech?

Yihui Xie xieyihui at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:15:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

As Gregor Gorjanc mentioned, it's very inconvenient to let R decide
the fontsize and placement of words in a plot. There have already been
very mature applications of tag cloud; one of them I'm relatively
familiar is the WordPress plugin "wp-cumulus", which makes use of a
Flash object to generate tag cloud, and it has fantastic 3D rotation
effect of the cloud. I've spent a couple of hours porting it into R;
see the source code and effect here:

http://yihui.name/en/2009/06/creating-tag-cloud-using-r-and-flash-javascript-swfobject/

HTH.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>
Phone: +86-(0)10-82509086 Fax: +86-(0)10-82509086