[R] Cross correlations on many imported files.

Pur_045 jewellsean at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:06:52 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import all of the csv files from a particular folder and then
run cross correlations on each of them. i.e In the end have a matrix like
structure with cross correlations.

So far I have been able to import all of the data and run the ccf's but I
need a way to store the data in an array. I know that this could be done in
matlab by using something like both a for and nested for loop with the
results being place in results[i,j].

Below I only have tried to create an array and not the entire matrix
structure.

	files <- list.files(pattern=".csv$")
	for(i in seq(along=files)) { # start for loop with numeric or character
vector; numeric vector is often more flexible
                x <- read.csv(files[i], skip=4,header=TRUE)

		assign(paste('in',i,sep=""),x) # generates data frame object and names it
after content in variable 'i'
		print(paste(files[i],paste('in',i,sep="")), quote=F)

        }
	library(tseries)
	x<-get(paste('in',1,sep=""))

	for(i in 1:length(files)-1){
		y<-get(paste('in',i+1,sep=""))

				xy<-ccf(x[[5]],y[[5]],lag.max=NULL,na.action=na.exclude)
	                      ***  result[i] = xy

		}

Any help or advice would be greatly apperciated. Thanks in advance,

Sean