[R] RKWard: R backend requests information

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 2 19:16:07 CEST 2009

Hello List

I've decided to dive into R and found a useful GUI for GNU/Linux (Debian
testing/ Squeeze) called RKWard.  However, when I fire it up a dialog
box appears with the statement "R backend requests information".  I have
tried entering the path to the R libraries (e.g. /usr/bin/R; /etc/R; and
so on) but none of these work, and the darn thing won't go away without
killing the entire program.  It also will not allow me to by-pass it,
nor access any help files, etc.  Does anyone know just what "backends"
it is looking for?

Thanks

AG