[R] Editor R

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue Jun 2 12:43:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm taking the liberty to answer your question. In most Kate versions I
worked with you need to select the part of the code you wish to run and
then go to Tools > Pipe to console. The selected part will then be
executed. To make life a little easier you can assign a hotkey to "Pipe
to console" (e.g. Shift + F5) in Settings > Configure shortcuts.

Another good option if you want to run the whole script is to use the
source() command. And what do you mean by "Do the graphics work"? The
editor is just a means of writing the code, all the processing is done
by R. So graphics should work.

hth and cheers,
Paul

Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres wrote:
> Dr Krzysztof:
>
> Can you help me how can you configure kate
> so you can send selected parts
> to an R console, or the whole script?
> Does the graphics works fine in this editor?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Kenneth
>
> El lun, 01-06-2009 a las 20:04 -0400, Krzysztof Sakrejda-Leavitt
> escribió:
>
>> Under linux, Kate with its built-in console is very good.  You can
>> easily set up a command to let you pipe highlighted parts of your script
>> to that console.  The default highlighting is very good, it points out
>> unfinished brackets and such, and the session support lets you switch
>> between projects very quickly without scattering project files all over
>> your tree.
>>
>> Krzysztof
>>

>> Grzes' wrote:
>>
>>> Do you know any good editor  R?