[R] renaming column names

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D. rbaer at atsu.edu
Mon Jun 1 15:56:45 CEST 2009

First, data is an R function so it is better to avoid it as a name for
another object.  For example, use dat instead.

Try this:
data(iris)
dat=iris
colnames(iris)
[1] "Sepal.Length" "Sepal.Width"  "Petal.Length" "Petal.Width"  "Species"
 colnames(dat)
[1] "Sepal.Length" "Sepal.Width"  "Petal.Length" "Petal.Width"  "Species"
colnames(dat)=c('a','b','c','d','e')
colnames(dat)