[R] package lattice can't be loeaded

Stein, Luba (AIM SE) LUBA.STEIN at ALLIANZ.COM
Fri Jul 31 11:14:28 CEST 2009

You are right, the installation went wrong although I do not know why because this never occured to me before.
So I unzipped lattice manually and afterwards everything worked fine.

Thank you for your help,
Luba

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Petr PIKAL [mailto:petr.pikal at precheza.cz]
Gesendet: Freitag, 31. Juli 2009 09:49
An: Stein, Luba (AIM SE)
Cc: r-help at r-project.org
Betreff: Re: [R] package lattice can't be loeaded

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 31.07.2009 08:27:24:

> The error message is: "Error in library(lattice) : there is no package
called 'lattice'"

> I have installed it twice because it did not work the first time, so I
was not
> sure if it worked.
> And YES, the folder lattice is in the folder library.

In that case the you were not successful with correct installation. Either
the package is corrupted or something went seriously wrong.

Do you have problems only with lattice? The other packages like MASS can
be loaded without problems? It should not be necessary to install lattice
as it come with base installation together with some other recommended
packages.

I would try to get the new version of R fresh from internet and reinstall
it. You can view it as overkill but I never needed install lattice myself.

Regards
Petr

<LUBA.STEIN at allianz.com<