[R] Re lative paths in R?

Glen Sargeant gsargeant at usgs.gov
Thu Jul 30 18:50:06 CEST 2009

See also file.path() and create.dir(). You can use them with getwd() and
setwd() to specify and/or create subdirectories, relative to your current
working directory.  Handy because they allow you to create paths and
directories with names derived within functions.

For example, I have used them to create output directories that reflect
dates when successive data summaries were prepared.

> #Current working directory is "c:\temp"

> #Creates a subdirectory, "data," relative
> #to current working directory
> wd <- getwd()
> sub <- file.path(wd,"data")
> dir.create(sub)