[R] Side by Side Barplot Newbie Question

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 29 21:24:06 CEST 2009

I think your data is set up incorrectly.
With your data below as "xx" try this.

# Dotcharts are often better than barplots so you might want to
# try this

library(reshape)
mm <- melt(xx, id=c(1:2)); mm
bb <- as.matrix(cast(mm, tt ~ task, sum))
barplot(bb, beside=TRUE, col=rainbow(4))
legend("topleft", legend=row.names(bb), text.col=rainbow(4))
# Dotcharts are often better than barplots so you might want to
# try this in place of a barplot.

dotchart(bb, col=rainbow(4))