[R] (no subject)

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Wed Jul 29 16:38:56 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 03:12:02PM +0200, Øistein Harsem wrote:
> HiI am contacting you regarding a problem with downloading R. I
> cannot seen to manage because my computer language is in Norwegian.
> DO you know if there is R that can deal with Norwegian letters?

I have never seen a download to fail because of locales. Or do you
mean you have trouble with using non-ASCII characters in a sucessfully
downloaded/installed R? My installation of R seems to have no issues
with the non-Ascii chars I have used so far (R 2.9.1, LINUX, utf8
locale).

In any case, you need to be a bit more specific about the problem you
have: What version of R, what OS, what exaclty are you trying to do
and what happens when you try?

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik