[R] R Packages and Permanent Datasets creation

rajclinasia raj at clinasia.com
Wed Jul 29 08:13:11 CEST 2009

Our Query:

Actually while opening R console and R commander we see some packages like
car and datasets. In these packages we have default datasets.
For example: "Women" and "Prestige" so on. Now we created a "Sales" dataset
importing either from excel, xml or text file. Now we are trying to store
that dataset permanently  in any one of the packages mentioned above (car or
datasets). I am able to create them temporarily untill that pirticular
session.

But once we close the session and try to log into R Console and R Commander.
We are not able to find the earlier created datasets "Sales" in the packages
(Car and Datasets). Kindly suggest how to create permanent datasets in
packages and also suggest how to create our own packages.

If possible please send us the code it will be very helpful for us.