[R] Summarising Data for Forrest Plots

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) Wolfgang.Viechtbauer at stat.unimaas.nl
Wed Jul 29 09:53:38 CEST 2009

Are n.FD and n.RD the number of people who received the full/reduced dose and surv.FD and surv.RD the number of people that survived? And are the people who received the full dose different from the people who received the reduced dose? And what exactly is it that you want to plot in the forest plot? From the way you have arranged the table, it seems as if you want some kind of effect size measure that contrasts the survival rate of the full versus reduced dose in the various subgroups. Is that correct? And are you just trying to figure out how to draw the forest plot once you have the data in the table form as shown in your post or are you also trying to figure out how to create that table to begin with?

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer
 Department of Methodology and Statistics