[R] create dataset permanently in package (i.e. default or our own package)

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Jul 28 17:12:46 CEST 2009

Hi

If you want to use brute force without much knowledge about packages

make your own directory in librarary directory
select any package in your library directory and copy it to directory you
just made
leave only INDEX and DESCRIPTION files and R and Data directorires
change DESCRIPTION file according your wish, leave INDEX as is.
in R directory put any text file which will contain any of your custom
functions
in Data directory put any text file which will contain your data
in etc directory change Rprofile.site and add something like

library(fun)
data(modely)
data(stand)

it may work, however if you want to be serious with your own package(s)
you shall follow advice in R-exts.html manual as was advised earlier.

Regards
Petr

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 28.07.2009 11:40:06:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your support. we are not getting any thing from your code.
i.e.