[R] Cross-validating two matrices

Brian McCarthy mccarthy at ohio.edu
Mon Jul 27 21:29:21 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to help a colleague with an R problem (see below) to whit
I can only generate a very inelegant solution. Any advice would be
welcome.

Thanks,
Brian

If you have two matrices, say a species by trait matrix (Matrix 1
below) and a plot by species matrix (Matrix 2 below), is there a
straightforward way to prune one matrix so that the species list
matches those in a second matrix? Ideally, I need to prune both
matrices so that they include only the species found in both. In this
case, the two matrices would therefore include only sp1,sp4,sp5.

Thank you so much for any suggestions!

E.g.:
Matrix 1:
	Trait1