[R] More complicated multi-plot layouts?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 02:34:40 CEST 2009

Hi,
   I made the attached picture by mocking up three separate plots sort
of like how I'd like to make a new plot. Hopefully it will get through
to the list.

   Is there a way to do this directly using par somehow? Or one of the
other plotting packages? Basically, multiple larger plot above
multiple groups of smaller plots? The smaller plots are just
par(mrow=c(2,3)) things, and I can certainly do 2,6 for something
wider like this demo but I'm not clear how to specify an area for
larger plots above. Is it possible?

Thanks,
Mark