[R] Duplicated date values aren't duplicates

Tim Clark mudiver1200 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 02:50:47 CEST 2009

Dear list,

I just had a function (as.ltraj in Adehabitat) give me the following error:

"Error in as.ltraj(xy, id, date = da) : non unique dates for a given burst"

I checked my dates and got the following:

>   dupes<-mydata$DateTime[duplicated(mydata$DateTime)]
> dupes
[1] (07/30/02 00:00:00) (08/06/03 17:45:00)

Is there a reason different dates would come up as duplicate values?  I would prefer not to have to delete them if I don't have to.  Any suggestions on how to get R to realize they are different?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Clark
Department of Zoology