[R] rows missing after dataset loaded to R

Rnewbie xuancj at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 15:35:48 CEST 2009

Dear all,

When I loaded a dataset (a txt file), which is structured in a tabular
format, to R by using read.delim, I found some rows were missing. The column
number was correct. These missing rows are no apparently different from the
other rows, and for some unknown reasons these missing rows scattered among
the last 50 rows of the dataset. Then after I tried to open this txt file in
Excel and simply saved it as txt file to overwrite the original txt file
without making any further changes, no rows disappeared when I loaded the
new txt file into R again.

I hope someone could give me ideas what could have gone wrong with my
dataset file. Thanks in advance.