[R] A Flash Mob for R Content on Stack Overflow: Tonite @ 7-9pm PST

Michael E. Driscoll mike at dataspora.com
Wed Jul 22 10:29:34 CEST 2009

R Users -

Tomorrow night, we are leading a group of R programmers to a site
called Stack Overflow, Stackoverflow is a collaborative question and
answer site for programmers, currently lacks much R content.
to populate some of the most oft-asked and reluctantly-answered
questions about R.

The R-help mailing list is an indispensable resource to members of the
R community.  Perhaps owing to its interdisciplinary appeal, R is not
always an easy language for its suitors.  There are a common set of
questions that tend be asked repeatedly, to the detriment of many of
the R experts here (you tire of repeating yourself) and the beginners
(who receive technically correct, but terse responses).  As the ranks
of the R user community grow, this may test the limits of patience for
its subscribers.  Our aim is to shift this corpus of common technical
questions off the mailing list.

If you would like to join us in this effort, we'll be starting it 7pm
PST Wednesday, July 22nd 2009.  You can see the questions as they
appear on Stack Overflow or follow @rstatsmob on Twitter.

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/r
  http://twitter.com/rstatsmob

If you'd like to join us in person, we'll be in San Jose at O'Reilly's
Open Source Conference.  The event is free and open to the public.

  http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2009/public/schedule/detail/10432
  Location: Ballroom A2
  San Jose McEnery Convention Center
  150 West San Carlos St.
  San Jose, CA 95113

We're hopeful that our efforts may result in the creation of a
valuable resource for the growing R community.

Sincerely,

Michael Driscoll, San Francisco, CA
(in collaboration with)
James D. Long, Chicago, IL