[R] How do I delete a row from a data frame when varA == "TRUE"

kxk kkong at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 22 06:24:20 CEST 2009

I want to delete a row from a data frame XYZ where A == "TRUE".  Let's assume
there are five variables in this data frame XYZ.  My deletion is based on
the TRUE vs. FALSE value under variable A.  How do I do this?  Thanks!

My current code:
for (i in 1:length(XYZ$A)) if (XYZ$A == "FALSE") XYZ<-XYZ else XYZ<-
XYZ[-i,]

Error message is:
Error in if (XYZ$A == "FALSE") XYZ<-XYZ else XYZ<- XYZ[-i,  :
  missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

Please help!!