[R] Re gression using age and Duration of disease as a continous factors

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Jul 21 19:14:41 CEST 2009

If you truly did not understand anything in "An Introduction to R" section 11, then you are unlikely to understand anything that we would write in a post without getting some more background understanding (that is why I suggested that you take a class or hire a consultant).

There are many people on this list that give quite a bit of help every day, but the word 'help' in R-help means to give hints, or assist with when you do your part, or discuss and give insight.  It does not mean that we will do your work for you.

You are making it difficult for us to help you.  I for one am horrible at mind reading (just ask my wife).

Given the information in your original question, the answer may be:

> fit <- lm(Duration ~ age, data=disease)
> summary(fit)

But the above could also be completely useless, or give an error, or based on if some assumptions don't hold, the above could be worse than useless by giving results that are completely wrong but look good and lead you in the wrong direction.
If you try the above code and come back with only a statement about it not working or not understanding the output without any detail, then my sole response will be "I told you so!".

But if you can give us some detail on the background of your question, what question you are trying to answer, what you data looks like, and what your education/understanding is, then we may be able to help.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org