[R] Correction.

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jul 21 11:41:41 CEST 2009

On 21-Jul-09 01:24:04, Rolf Turner wrote:
> It has been pointed out to me that I erred in an earlier post.
> ``Go stick your head in a pig.'' is not the motto of the (entire)
> Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.  It is the motto if the Sirius
> Cybernetics Corporation ***Complaints Division***.
>
> My apologies for the misinformation.
>       cheers,
>               Rolf Turner

Don't worry, Rolf. It wasn't your fault. You have provided a valid
response to a Randomised Conceptualisation Trial (which involves
applying Thought Interventions to participating subjects). If you
had the impression that the Intervention was not random in your
case, be assured that this was as intended.

The Sirius Cybernetics Corporation (SCC) will record your response
in advanced computers equipped with the SCC's groundbreaking WOM
(Write-Only Memory). SCC take very seriously the problem of disposal
of computers which cease to function after a certain amount of use,
and are working to develop the enhanced EWOM (Erasable Write-Only
Memory) module. SCC are proud to have been associated with the
development of the unsinkable submarine.[*]

Yours cosmically,
Z.B.

[*] Such things are not fiction. They occur in real life:

  "The prime minister responded: 'We have done everything
   that we can to increase the number of helicopters and
   there will be more Merlin helicopters on the ground.'"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8151244.stm

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 21-Jul-09                                       Time: 10:41:38