[R] Sampling of non-overlapping intervals of variable length

Hadassa Brunschwig hadassa.brunschwig at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Jul 19 21:11:47 CEST 2009

Hi

I am not sure what you mean by sampling an index of a group of
intervals. I will try to give an example:
Let's assume I have a vector 1:1000000. Let's say I have 10 intervals
of different but known length, say,
c(4,6,11,2,8,14,7,2,18,32). For simulation purposes I have to sample
those 10 intervals 1000 times.
The requirement is, however, that they should be of those lengths and
should not be overlapping.
In short, I would like to obtain a 10x1000 matrix with sampled intervals.

Thanks
Hadassa

--
Hadassa Brunschwig