[R] Zinb for Non-interger data

JPS2009 jonshrives at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 19:26:36 CEST 2009

Sorry bit of a Newbie question, and I promise I have searched the forum
already, but I'm getting a bit desperate!

I have over-dispersed, zero inflated data, with variance greater than the
mean, suggesting Zero-Inflated Negative Binomial - which I attempted in R
with the pscl package suggested on
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/R/dae/zinbreg.htm

However my data is non-integer with some pesky decimals (i.e. 33.12) and
zinb / pscl doesn't like that - not surprising as zinb is for count data,
normally whole integers etc.

Does anyone know of a different zinb package that will allow non-integers or
and equivalent test/ model to zinb for non-integer data? Or should I try
something else like a quasi-Poisson GLM?

Apologies for the Newbie question! Any help much appreciated!
Thanks!