[R] dot plot with several points for 2 categories

jaregi suckale at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Jul 17 19:17:39 CEST 2009

I'm trying to wean myself off the very limited capabilities of Excel and Oo.
Currently, I am trying to make a plot showing several values for 2
categories in a dot blot (see
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24538360/Picture%2B1.png Picture+1.png  except
that the x axis should contain the category not a number, which was the only
way to coax Excel into displaying a plot like this). I started working
through some tutorials but the example didn't quite fit what I was looking
for. The closest was the car and mpg example but it 1 value per name whereas
I need several value per category. Does anybody know this of the top of your
expert heads? This would be a great help. I already burned a few hours
without getting closer to the solution..

Best, j