[R] loading a file in R in mac OS X

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Jul 16 15:27:55 CEST 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Michael Knudsen wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Marc Schwartz<marc_schwartz at me.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Actually, by default, the OSX HFS+ file system is not case sensitive:
>
> Sorry. I just took that for granted, as Mac (at least in a terminal)
> is very similar to Linux.

Not a problem. Coming to OSX after 8 years on Linux myself, it took a
bit to get used to. As OSX is BSD Unix derived, there are similarities
with Linux, but Apple has not surprisingly done some things that
deviate from otherwise expected behavior. The HFS+ file system is one
area, when compared to ext3 or now ext4 on Linux.

A good book (and quick read) that I picked up which helped with the
transition is:

Mac for Linux Geeks
Tony Steidler-Dennison
Apress, 2009