[R] exporting list of installed packages for import on another system?

Jan Theodore Galkowski bayesianlogic at acm.org
Tue Jul 14 16:43:07 CEST 2009

Is it possible to export a list of installed packages from WinXP, and
use that export to import the same set of packages on Ubuntu (Jaunty)?
No doubt
there is custom code that could be written, but I wonder if R 2.9.1 has
anything built it to do that?  Is it as simple as moving something like
Rprofile.site from one machine to the other?

I had a look at R-admin.pdf, and although it talks a lot about
configuring on various systems, it did not address this directly.  Also
looked at RSeek.

Thanks.

 --Jan Galkowski, Akamai Technologies