[R] R2WinBUGS on fedora linux question

Michael Knudsen micknudsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 09:25:36 CEST 2009

#========

This mail is forwarded from Mark Leeds (markleeds at verizon.net) who is
experiencing troubles sending to the list himself.

#========

Hi:  I went through Soren Buhl's documentation for installing and
running R2WinBUGS in linux. Thank you Soren for
the nice documentation. I installed wine and I think it worked because
I was able to get a winbugs pop up screen
to open.

I also created an alias in my .bashrc file and set it to

winbugs = 'wine Z:/opt/OpenBUGS/winbugs.exe.

So, then I started go through the R2WinBUGs  package example which
uses the schools data. But I'm stuck on
what to use in the bugs function for  the model.file and
bugs.directory parameters.  in the example, both of these use windows
directories because the help file is written with respect to windows.
Does anyone know

1) where I would put my model.file and how to reference it in the bugs
function call.

2) what i should use for bugs.directory ? the help says to use the
directory where WinBugs has been installed. I guess
that's my Z directory based on the alias ? so maybe I should put

model.file = "Z:/opt/OpenBUGS" ?

                                     Thanks a lot.