[R] Plotting problem [lars()/elasticnet()]

spime sabya23 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 08:50:44 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I am using modified LARS algorithm (ref: The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle
Properties, Zou 2006) for adaptive lasso penalized linear regression.
1. w(j) <- |beta_ols(j)|^(-gamma)         gamma>0   and   j = 1,...,p
2. define x_new(j) <- x(j)*w(j)
3. apply LARS to solve modified lasso problem
               out.adalasso <- lars(X_new,y,type="lasso") or enet(X_new, y,
lambda=0)
suppose, the estimated coefficients are beta_new(j),    j=1,...,p
4. beta_adalasso <- beta_new(j)*w(j)

everything went fine except I am having problem in plotting standardized
(adaptive lasso) coefficients vs. |beta|/max(|beta|).  It seems that
plot(out.adalasso) provides plot for beta_new. How can i get similar plot
for beta_adalasso.