[R] A question about digest mode

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Jul 10 15:31:09 CEST 2009

On 10/07/2009 9:13 AM, Peter Flom wrote:
> Good morning
>
> I recently shifted to digest mode; I get the digest each day (sometimes two in a day) and when I open the first file
> it opens as a text file with a list of topics; but then it is hard to find the right message.  In a list of 100 or so links,
> counting to find link number 53 or whatever is painstaking and prone to error.
>
> How do people find the right messages?

I don't use the digest, I have a filter in Thunderbird to put all r-help
(and r-devel) messages into their own folder.  There they can be
threaded, or displayed in chronological order, or by author, or whatever.

I believe some mail clients have a method of splitting a digest into
separate messages; you might want to use that.

Duncan Murdoch