[R] Uncorrelated random vectors

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Jul 7 18:18:58 CEST 2009

Here are some examples that may get you started (note that there is no guarantee that a variable follows a given distribution after it has been adjusted to have 0 correlation with another variable):

library(MASS)
tmp <- mvrnorm(25, c(0,0), diag(2), empirical=TRUE)
zapsmall(cor(tmp))

tmp2 <- exp(tmp)
zapsmall(cor(tmp2))

x <- rexp(100, 3)