[R] output too large to display all

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jul 6 19:06:58 CEST 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 11:34 AM, Christine Griffiths wrote:

> Hi R Users,
>
> Hopefully a very simple solution, but I am stumped nevertheless. I
> am running glmer in which the output is too large so that not all
> the correlations are displayed.

Details? Code?

Guess: I have on more than one occasion failed to assign the output of
a function to an object and as a result gotten voluminous and useless
output. Perhaps you need to do something like:

mdl <- model.function(arguments)
summary(mdl)
#or
str(mdl)

On my machine, and any configurations with which I have experience,
the default console window will accept tens of thousands of lines of
output before scrolling off the "top".

> I expanded the max.print as recommended on this website.

??

> However, this still does not allow me to see the relevant
> information regarding the model fit (AIC etc), random and fixed
> effects. I have not been able to find any similar posts.
>
> I would be very grateful if someone could specify what I need to
> state in order to view all the results generated from the model.

What model? And my guess is that you do not really want "all" the
results of the model.

If the guesses above is off target, then you should start by reading
the Posting Guide and asking yourself how many of the requested items
you will find in there are missing from or otherwise apply to your
message.