[R] hierarchical clustering - variable selection

Alexander.Herr at csiro.au Alexander.Herr at csiro.au
Wed Jul 1 04:27:09 CEST 2009

Hi List,

I am looking for a procedure that allows selection of variables in a clustering attempt.

Specifically I am searching for a way of selecting out noise variables from a set of numeric/categorical variables (or of course selecting "non-noise" variables).

The procedure should work with gower/ward metric/method. So far I have only found procedures that deal with numerical variables.

Any hints to packages/procedure would be appreciated

Thanks
Herry