[R] Help with normal distribution in random samples...

Sea Captain 1779 dbowen at measinc.com
Wed Jan 28 21:04:18 CET 2009

Hi!!!

First time 'R' user looking for a little assistance.  Here is what I have so
far:

practice1 = matrix ((runif(5000, min =0, max = 12)), 100)

which is creating 50 samples, for 100 cases, distributed between 0-12.  What
I would like is to be able to set the mean and SD so that the data is
normally distributed around lets say 7.  Any help I can get with achieving
that goal would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Dan