[R] Power analysis for MANOVA?

Adam D. I. Kramer adik at ilovebacon.org
Tue Jan 27 01:20:33 CET 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Charles C. Berry wrote:

> If you know what a 'general linear hypothesis test' is see
>
> 	http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/hpower/hpower_0.1-0.tar.gz

I do, and am quite interested, however this package will not install on R
2.8.1: First, it said that there was no "maintainer" in the description, so
I added one (figuring that the 1991 date of the package was to blame),
however it still will not compile:

parmesan:tmp$ sudo R CMD INSTALL hpower/
* Installing to library '/usr/local/lib/R/library'
* Installing *source* package 'hpower' ...
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error in parse(n = -1, file = file) : unexpected '{' at
5: ##
6: pfnc_function(q,df1,df2,lm,iprec=c(6)) {
Calls: <Anonymous> -> code2LazyLoadDB -> sys.source -> parse
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'hpower'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/library/hpower'
parmesan:tmp$

...any tips?

--Adam