[R] Problem with colormodel in pdf driver

Luis Torgo ltorgo at inescporto.pt
Mon Jan 26 23:56:01 CET 2009

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Luis Torgo wrote:
>
>> Greg Snow wrote:
>>> You may want to consider a dotchart instead of a barplot.  Then you
>>> can distinguish between groups by using symbols, grouping, and
>>> labels rather than depending on colors/shades of grey.
>>>

>> Thanks Greg. The only problem is that I was trying to illustrate the
>> use of barplot() ...
>>
>> I guess for now I can always use the pdf() driver with the default
>> RGB colormodel and then use command line tools (e.g. ImageMagick) to
>> convert the resulting graphs to grayscale...
>
> You won't be able to convert PDF to PDF with ImageMagick (possible
> with a helper).
Well actually I can and it worked perfectly. Just did:
$> mogrify *.pdf -type Grayscale

and all my PDFs got changed from RGB to Grayscale. Maybe a problem with
versions of ImageMagick.... mine is

$> mogrify -version
Version: ImageMagick 6.3.7 08/21/08 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2008 ImageMagick Studio LLC

>> Thanks all for the help.
>
> Or update your R, as the posting guide suggested.  It works in
> R-patched and R-devel.
That's good news. I'll give it a try, thanks.

--
Luis Torgo
   FEP/LIAAD - INESC Porto, LA   Phone : (+351) 22 339 20 93
   R. de Ceuta, 118, 6o          email : ltorgo at liaad.up.pt
   4050-190 PORTO - PORTUGAL     WWW   : http://www.liaad.up.pt/~ltorgo